Did you know…Consumers eat both breakfast AND ice cream REGULARLY?!?
Check out our latest consumer research on ice cream buying and eating habits to see what was uncovered as an opportunity for new positioning!
Our research found that 64% of US shoppers feel frozen treats & ice cream can be part of a healthy diet. And…
80% of Americans eat ice cream often or very often:
- 50% Very Often (3-5 times or more a week)
- 30% Often (1-2 times a week)
- 16% Occasionally (1-2 times a month)
- 47% eat Novelties
What does this mean for your business?
There’s an opportunity to expand the meal occasion – giving consumers new on-the-go breakfast or snack choices and variety.
Leverage these trends:
- The rise of ‘anytime eating’ in the home
- Consumer interest in novelties (and flavored milk, coffees, and milk alternatives!)
- Increase in breakfast and snacks, plus the “breakfast anytime” trend!
- The drive for comfort foods and comfort flavors
- Consumer demand for excitement and experimentation
- The need for on-the-go food options
- The hunt for better-for-you choices
How can our Balchem Solutions help?
Our flavor system technology can help create the perfect custom ice cream, and our variegates can add a sensory experience that provides texture, making a unique treat for consumers.
- Lemon Poppy Muffin with Citrus Swirl
- Strawberry, Lemon, and Vanilla Parfait with Granola
- Cinnamon Toast
- Banana Bread with Pecan/Walnut Blackberry Swirl
- Cereal Milk
- Overnight Oats with Berries and Granola
- Iced Coffee with Cream
- Buttermilk Biscuit with Berries and Cream
- And, more…
Let us help your business start formulating new, tasty treats your customers will love by creating flavors, formats, and concepts positioned for breakfast or “anytime snacking.”
Want to hear more?
Download a copy of our Ice Cream Trends Infographic (PDF) or contact us directly to review the full consumer study and hear more about the corresponding consumer purchase interest and insight data.
FREE Ice Cream Flights
Remember to request a sample and enjoy some ice cream – for breakfast! Click the link below to try this year’s creamy, dreamy ice cream flavors crafted based on consumer trends.
Let’s work together to give consumers something exciting and delicious for their on-the-go breakfast choices!