Effective date: 06/29/2023
I. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect the following categories of information when you use our website.
Information you provide directly to us
You may provide personal information directly to us when you use the website or contact us directly. For example, you may fill out a contact form on the “Contact Us” page of our website, or apply for a job through the website linked to our “Careers” page. We will use your personal information consistent with the purpose(s) for which you have provided it to us – for example, fulfilling requests for information, or processing an employment application.
- When you fill out a contact form on our website, we ask you to provide certain contact information that includes your first name, last name, email address, company name, and address, as well as to specify the topic about which you are contacting us and write a brief message;
- When you apply for a job through the website linked to our “Careers” page, we ask you to provide your contact information (i.e., name, email, phone number), resume, cover letter and any supporting files, as well as information related to your application, including: education; current employment status; employment history; relevant skills, training, certifications, and licenses; geographic preference; salary expectations; age and eligibility to work; criminal background information, and so forth. We also request certain demographic information from you, such as your gender, race/ethnicity, disability status, and military/veteran status. Certain information that we may request or that you choose to provide may be considered “sensitive” in certain jurisdictions, and we will ensure compliance with applicable laws when handling such information.
Information we collect automatically
When you visit our website, we also collect information automatically from the device(s) and browser(s) that you use, such as your device type; Internet protocol (IP) address; time zone setting and location; browser type and version; browser plug in types and versions; operating system and platform; pages that you visit; information about any technical errors that may have occurred while you were browsing. Please review the section below on “Cookies and Similar Technologies” for more information.
Information we receive indirectly
When you pay us through a third-party payment processor, we receive information about you, your payment, and your payment method. We use this information to process your order(s) from Balchem.
II. USE OF INFORMATION
We use and otherwise process the categories of information identified above to:
- send promotional materials if you agree to receive such materials;
- display targeted advertising and tailor our marketing and advertising materials, including through profiling;
- enable you to review and apply for employment opportunities at Balchem;
- improve our website and ensure that content is presented in the most relevant and effective manner, as well as for troubleshooting, data analytics, and statistical purposes;
- keep our website safe and secure;
- comply with applicable laws and regulations; and
- protect or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Where applicable law requires a legal basis for processing personal information, we do so on the basis of our legitimate interests (for example, to manage our business, respond to your requests, improve and secure our website, and protect or exercise legal rights and defend legal claims), to fulfil any contractual obligations we may have to you (for example, if we sell a product to you and need to arrange for its delivery), and to comply with applicable laws and regulations. Where required, we will obtain consent (for example, to provide you with marketing materials), which may subsequently be withdrawn at any time by contacting us. Withdrawing consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before it is withdrawn.
III. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Balchem may share personal information collected through our website for the business purposes described above with the following parties:
- Authorized third-party vendors and service providers – we share personal information with third parties that provide services to us for a variety of business purposes, such as intake and review of job applications, customer service, email deployment, security and performance monitoring, verifying customer information, data hosting, auditing, and data processing. For example, ClearCompany is a third-party provider of a job application tracking system that operates the job application website linked to our “Careers” page.
- Corporate affiliates – we may share personal information with our corporate affiliates to fulfill business purposes, such as to direct a customer to a relevant contact person at another affiliate, ensure appropriate allocation of resources and personnel, enable interested candidates to apply to positions at other affiliates, and so forth.
- Business transfers – we may share personal information other businesses in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as a sale, merger, consolidation, initial public offering, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal purposes – we may share personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety, and security of Balchem, our affiliates, users, or the public.
- With your consent – we may share personal information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent.
Balchem does not sell personal information for monetary consideration. Balchem does permit third parties to collect personal information through the website and shares personal information with third parties listed above for the business purposes specified in this Policy.
IV. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms. Some mobile and web browsers transmit “do-not-track” signals. Due to differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
V. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Where provided by applicable law (and subject to applicable exceptions or exemptions), you may have certain rights over your personal information, such as the right to access, correct, or delete your personal information, object to or restrict the processing or sharing of your personal information (including sensitive personal information, as applicable), and obtain your personal information in a portable format or have us transmit your personal information to another company. If you become aware of changes or inaccuracies in your information, you should inform us of such changes so that the information may be updated or corrected.
Requests to exercise the abovementioned rights, where applicable, should be submitted in writing where indicated in the “Contact” section below. Once we receive your request (or a requested submitted by an authorized agent on your behalf, where so permitted), we may verify it by requesting information sufficient to confirm your identity (or the identity or mandate of your authorized agent). In particular, you may be asked to provide information that Balchem has on file about you to confirm your identity, such as name, phone number, physical address, or other identifiable information appropriate to the context.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights and choices. You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to appeal our decision in relation to your request, which you may do by writing us at [email protected]. You may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a privacy authority in the jurisdiction where you reside.
VI. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Balchem is an international company and may transfer personal information across national borders. To the extent Balchem transfers personal information that is subject to any applicable cross-border transfer restrictions, it does so in compliance with applicable law, including through the use of standard contracts, which you may have a right to receive a copy of, upon request.
VII. DATA RETENTION
Information will be retained only for so long as reasonably necessary and proportionate for the purposes set out above and consistent with our retention policies, in accordance with applicable laws.
Balchem maintains reasonable information security measures through our Information Technology Department policies and processes, and Balchem shares information only with third parties that meet or exceed acceptable security practices.
IX. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
This website is not intended for use by persons under the age of 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect information about persons under the age of 16 without verifiable parental consent.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, or would like to submit requests concerning your personal information, please write to us at [email protected]. We will respond to your request as soon as possible, and in accordance with any time period stipulated by applicable laws.
You may also write us at:
5 Paragon Drive
Montvale, NJ 07645
or call us at (845) 326-5600.