Control. Protect. Deliver.
Encapsulation protects the encapsulate or active ingredient in order to maintain ingredient functionality and stability until the appropriate release conditions are met.
Balchem encapsulates help to extend shelf life, optimize texture, maintain consistent flavor, improve production efficiency, reduce sodium, reduce food waste, and enable clean labels.
Food production is a demanding business that requires a close eye on detail throughout every step of the process. It’s important to have as much control over the performance and consistency of your end product as possible.
Our Encapsulated Products can be your solution!
One of the most effective ways to achieve the results you seek is through microencapsulated products from Balchem.
Our line of encapsulated products delivers tangible improvements in finished product quality and shelf life by effectively controlling undesirable chemical interactions in food.
Manufacturers using our technology realize economic benefits in the form of optimized formulations, improved processing, and increased product yield.
Our process can encapsulate almost any dry free-flowing powder in a particle range of 200 to 1,000 microns. We can assist you in selecting an encapsulated ingredient for your desired functionality in application from our existing product lines of encapsulated ingredients: BakeShure®, ConfecShure®, and MeatShure®.
Balchem’s extensive encapsulation technology experience includes:
- Food acidulants (citric, malic, tartaric, fumaric, lactic)
- Salts (sodium and potassium chloride)
- Leavening bases (sodium)
- Leavening acids (GDL, SALP, MCP)
- Bakery mold inhibitors (sorbic acid, calcium propionate)
- Nutrients/ pro-oxidants (ascorbic acid)
Key Advantages of Encapsulates
Encapsulation helps control the release and maintain ingredient functionality to improve stability and handling characteristics.
The release of a lipid-coated encapsulate is affected by application factors:
- Temperature (lipid melts and disperses)
- Moisture (water migrates inside, substrate leaches out)
- Force (shear from processing, mastication, etc.)
In other words, not all encapsulates are created equal. We recognize this and act accordingly which is why we’re considered a leader in the industry. Encapsulation is a mature and proprietary process with better protection and improved stability for dry granular actives, as well as plated liquid actives.
Our Encapsulated Products
Balchem encapsulates technology delivers the benefits of extended shelf life, optimized texture, consistent flavor, production efficiency, and much more.
Encapsulated ingredients used to boost quality and consistency through pH optimization, flavor delivery, leavening control, moisture control, and antimicrobial preservation.
Encapsulated ingredients that include citric acid, malic acid, and tartaric acid to help solve the problems that today’s confectioners face: flavor loss, sugar inversion, hygroscopicity, discoloration, moisture absorption, and more.
Encapsulated salts and acidulants to improve color retention, enhance the overall texture, and flavor of seasoned meat, and savory applications.
- Protected: Fortifying Dairy with Ferrochel®This content is password protected.
- Ice Cream for BreakfastNew Trends: Ice Cream for Breakfast Expand the meal occasion for ice cream by creating flavors, formats, and concepts positioned …
- SupplySide West (SSW)2022 SupplySide West (SSW), Oct. 31-Nov. 4 The 25th Anniversary of SupplySide West is coming up! Join Balchem and industry …
- CRN: Science in Session & Now, New, NextJoin the conversation and interact with our expert speakers and real consumers as we address the concept of longevity.