Albion Chelated Zinc
Albion Chelated Zinc is absorbed intact and breaks apart in the intestinal cell for transport.
This chelate binds zinc to two organic glycine ligands, resulting in a low pH, highly stable structure that is easily absorbed. In a study comparing the oral bioavailability of zinc bisglycinate chelate to zinc gluconate, Albion’s chelated form increased absorption more than 43%. Other studies have shown the absorption of zinc bisglycinate chelate was also higher than zinc picolinate, zinc glycinate and zinc oxide, sometimes by as much as 300%.*
With more than 200 scientific studies, 98 patents and 70 human clinical trials conducted using Albion® Minerals, Balchem is an established market leader.
As the pioneer and founder of Zinc chelated minerals, the globally trusted Albion® Minerals brand continues to deliver high-quality, highly bioavailable nutritional solutions through new product innovations.
Check out our Solutions Guide to find out how we can support your future initiatives.
Our Zinc Products
Zinc is a trace mineral which is needed by more than 300 enzymes to repair the body and protect against immune invaders. It also helps synthesize proteins, helps cells reproduce, protects against natural aging, and helps maintain fertility in adults. Strenuous exercise both requires and depletes zinc stores, and low zinc levels in the muscles correlate with reduced endurance capacity.
When added to foods, beverages, and supplements, zinc can help support:
- Healthy vision
- Healthy growth
- Sports recovery
- Electrolyte balance
- Healthy immune function
- Normal inflammation response
A Fundamental Mineral for our Immune System
Zinc minerals affect virtually all aspects of our immune systems, from the nonspecific barrier functions of the passive immune system (skin, mucous membranes, etc.), to the specific lymphocytic functions of the active immune system. Zinc is needed for the development of neutrophils (a type of white blood cell) and other natural killer cells in the nonspecific immune defense, and also offers vital support for other specific immune defenses.
Important Antioxidant for Your Skin
Albion® Human Nutrition has developed an advanced array of mineral supplements to support optimal skincare.
Check out this informative blog outlining the importance of proper nutrition for your skin.
- Balchem appoints Stauber Performance Ingredients as the Preferred Distributor for Albion® Minerals, OptiMSM®, VitaCholine® and VitaShure® in USA and CanadaMontvale, New Jersey (22 February, 2024) – Balchem, a global manufacturer of specialty ingredients for human nutrition and health (HNH), …
- Balchem Partners With Virginia Tech to Investigate Mineral Nutrition on Human HealthMontvale, New Jersey, (22 February, 2024) – Balchem, a global manufacturer of specialty ingredients for human nutrition and health (HNH), …
- 2024 Flavors: TrenDish™ Ice Cream and Variegate Flights2024 TrenDish™ Ice Cream & Variegate Flights Our 2024 new flavors are here! Embark on a sensational journey with the …
- Balchem BeatCheck out the latest Balchem Human Nutrition and Health news, highlights, and updates! Please enjoy our monthly newsletter, the Balchem …
*Gandia P et al, Int. J. Vitam. Res. 77(4), 2007: 243-248
These statements have not been evaluated by FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.