Protein Z-Crisps® & Z-Texx™
Plant and Dairy-Based Extrusion Technology
Balchem® offers Z-Crisps® protein crisps and Z-Texx™ texturized protein to provide a variety of extruded protein solutions.
Balchem’s Z-Crisps® and Z-Texx™ are made with a variety of plant and dairy-based proteins.
Crisps with small dimensions can be used as-is, or to boost protein and texture. Our snack and larger forms can be used as a ready-to-flavor, turnkey protein-centric product.
Candy bars are often full of gooey caramel, crunchy filling, nougat, nuts, or all the above! Even though a candy bar isn’t a healthy food, it doesn’t mean you can’t add more protein with Z-Crisps®.
These protein crisps have a variety of possible applications such as a topping for ice cream or yogurt, an inclusion within snack and candy bars, and many other applications. Also, the crispiness can enhance mouthfeel and provide an even more exciting texture for the consumer!
Protein-enriched Candy Bars
Z-Crisps® can be used to add dairy or plant-based protein to candy bars. Some of the protein types available are:
- Cocoa Flavored Whey
- Cocoa Flavored Pea
- Pea & Brown Rice
Candy bar and other snack manufacturers can then choose their optimal product size, protein source, and protein flavor.
Protein Crisp Solutions Made Simple
Create something wonderful with our portfolio of convenient, customizable, and innovative solutions for a variety of applications.
Some offerings include, but are not limited to:
- Snacks: O’s, Zippers, & Wavy Base
- Fortifying Dairy with Ferrochel®Ferrochel® Ferrous Bisglycinate Chelate Iron is an essential mineral and its primary role is to serve as a major component …
- Ice Cream for BreakfastNew Trends: Ice Cream for Breakfast Expand the meal occasion for ice cream by creating flavors, formats, and concepts positioned …
- SupplySide West (SSW)2022 SupplySide West (SSW), Oct. 31-Nov. 4 The 25th Anniversary of SupplySide West is coming up! Join Balchem and industry …
- CRN: Science in Session & Now, New, NextJoin the conversation and interact with our expert speakers and real consumers as we address the concept of longevity.