In our fast-paced lives, prioritizing our well-being is of the utmost importance. While there are various aspects to consider such as physical fitness, mental health, and emotional balance, focusing on specific nutrients can significantly contribute to our overall wellness. By understanding how certain key nutrients can positively impact our performance, immunity, cognition, and longevity, we can make informed choices to optimize our well-being and lead more fulfilling lives.
Maximizing Performance with Creatine and Magnesium*
In our pursuit of performance on and off the field, optimizing our diets becomes paramount. Creatine and Magnesium both play important roles in providing cellular energy to working muscles. Creatine provides multiple benefits to athletes when used alongside a resistance training program. It is considered the most effective supplement currently available to athletes for improving high-intensity exercise capacity and lean body mass during training(1). Magnesium is an essential mineral with multiple health benefits supporting cellular energy production and muscle function(2). Incorporating these into your fitness regimen can help unlock your full potential and help you achieve peak performance in your endeavors.
Supporting Immunity with Iron*
When it comes to safeguarding our health, a robust immune system is critical. Iron plays a vital role in this since it is involved in the production of red blood cells and normal immune cell function, which is crucial for our immune defense(3). Adequate iron levels support the optimal function of these cells, and iron deficiency anemia (IDA) can lead to impaired immune function(4). More than 1 in 20 Americans are estimated to have IDA, with an even higher prevalence among certain at-risk groups (e.g., pregnant women, seniors)(5). Dietary supplements and fortified foods are important tools to help deliver optimal levels of this important mineral.
Supporting Cognition with Choline*
Cognition, the foundation of our mental process, is fundamental to our daily lives. Choline, an essential nutrient, has been recognized for its role in cognitive function(6). It’s a precursor to acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter essential for memory, regulation of mood, and attention(7), and has been shown to improve cognitive performance in a clinical trial(8). Despite its importance, just 11% of Americans get enough choline in their diet(9).
Embracing Wellbeing with K2*
As we strive for a fulfilling and vibrant life, well-being becomes a significant goal. Vitamin K2 works in the body by supporting specialized proteins that help to regulate calcium metabolism – making it an important player in both cardiovascular and bone health(10). By embracing K2-rich foods or considering supplementation, we can actively support healthy lives.
By harnessing the power of Creatine, Magnesium, Iron, Choline, and Vitamin K2, we can help*
- Maximize our performance
- Support our immune system
- Support or maintain cognition
- Support cardiovascular and bone health.
Prioritizing our well-being and incorporating these nutrients into our daily lives can empower us to lead healthier, more vibrant lives. So, let’s embrace these valuable tools and embark on a journey toward a balanced and fulfilling well-being.
Discover Nutrient Solutions
Balchem offers multiple options for brands looking to provide innovative nutritional products to help consumers enhance their well-being.*
- Creatine MagnaPower® is a unique blend of creatine and magnesium that has been clinically shown to increase muscle power(11) and improve performance(12) for athletes.
- VitaCholine® is the industry-leading source of choline, an essential nutrient that helps maintain well-being by supporting cognition, liver health, a healthy lipid metabolism, and vitality (6–8).
- Ferrochel® is the leader of Ferrous Bisglycinate – a unique, fully chelated iron product formed by binding iron to two organic glycine molecules that provides greater tolerability(13) and enhanced bioavailability(14) compared to other iron salts.
- K2VITAL® is our patented, 99.7% all-trans K2 MK-7, which is identical to the K2 molecule found in nature and fully bioactive, to help support your health.
Contact us today at the link below to hear more about our various options that can help you achieve your nutritional goals and support your mental well-being.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Federal Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Kreider RB, et al., J Int Soc Sports Nutr 2017; 14:18.
- Food and Nutrition Board, Institute of Medicine, 1997.
- Food and Nutrition Board, Institute of Medicine, 2001.
- Office of Dietary Supplements, https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Iron-HealthProfessional/
- Le CHH. PLoS One 2016; 11(11): e0166635.
- Food and Nutrition Board, Institute of Medicine, 1998.
- Office of Dietary Supplements, https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Choline-HealthProfessional/
- Naber M, et al., Sci Rep 2015; 5: 13188.
- USDA, Agricultural Research Service, 2021. Usual Nutrient Intake from Food and Beverages, by Gender and Age, What We Eat in America, NHANES 2015-2018. Available at: http://www.ars.usda.gov/nea/bhnrc/fsrg
- Selsby et al 2004
- Brilla LR et al, Metabolism 2003;52(9):1136-40.
- Zajac et al, Nutrients 2020; Sep 28;12(10):2961.
- Coplin MS, et al., Clin Ther 1991; 13(5): 606-612.
- WHO/FAO, 2006. Guidelines on food fortification with micronutrients. Allen LH et al (ed).