VitaCholine® is the gold standard in choline salts and is used in infant formula, prenatal multivitamins, fortified foods, and many other products.
VitaCholine® is the premier source of choline, made to the highest standards in order to deliver consumers relevant and compelling health benefits.
While there is an immense body of animal research demonstrating that higher levels of choline lead to improved cognitive function throughout life, well-designed human research models are more difficult to conduct and take much longer.
Our Choline products could solve your formulation challenges and shape a healthier tomorrow!
What is Choline?
Choline is an essential nutrient for health
First recognized by the Institute of Medicine in 1998, recent studies indicate that more than 90% of people aren’t getting enough choline from diet alone.
Our VitaCholine® brand of choline salts were used in a groundbreaking clinical study which showed significant brain benefits for babies born to moms who received supplemental choline during pregnancy.
Contact us to hear more about our VitaCholine® Products and recent studies!
Offering solutions for better health and wellbeing!
Our product focus is on improving health benefits from pregnancy throughout the full span of life:
- Liver health
- Healthy Metabolism
The Essential Brain Nutrient
A recent Cornell University Research Study shows that when mom gets double the recommended level of choline from diet and supplementation with VitaCholine® during pregnancy, her child’s brain performance improves significantly.
We are focused on improving health benefits in three key therapeutic areas – cognition, healthy metabolism, and vitality.
We offer a broad range of products, including choline bitartrate, choline chloride, and choline dihydrogen citrate which can be used in a wide range of product applications.
Choline is part of each and every cell of the body and plays critical roles in human health throughout all stages of life.
- It passes from mom to her growing baby, building the foundation of a better brain
- Childhood is a time of rapid changes in the brain and choline supports brain development to help expand young minds
All Stages of Life
- Neurological: Choline is part of the brain’s lifelong messaging system and helps to preserve normal cognitive function as we age, to include helping the brain process and store memories, which is important for learning and retaining knowledge
- Energy: Choline promotes energy metabolism and helps the brain send messages for improved endurance and focus
- Metabolism: By moving fats out of the liver for conversion to energy, choline helps keep this vital organ healthy and working normally
- Cognition: Choline is part of the brain’s lifelong messaging system and helps to preserve normal cognitive function as we age
Balchem is the first and only choline to participate in the USP Verified dietary ingredient program, an independent organization that works with manufacturers to demonstrate the quality of their dietary ingredients.
We also partner with the Non-GMO Project, a third-party non-GMO verification program to the standard consumers expect.
- USP is an independent, scientific nonprofit organization focused on building trust in the supply of safe, quality raw materials for dietary supplements and pharmaceuticals.
- Their rigorous verification process includes GMP facility auditing, ingredient quality control and manufacturing documentation review, and ingredient testing.
- Participation is voluntary and ingredients that meet USP’s stringent requirements are awarded the distinctive USP Verified Dietary Ingredient designation.
Why is VitaCholine® the Better Choice for your brand?
- By using our choline, you can rest assured that your formulation is using the brand clinically shown to improve cognitive function.
- VitaCholine® is the #1 leading choline brand globally, and the gold standard in infant nutrition to include being used in most leading infant formulas.
- Vetted by the US Pharmacopeia, VitaCholine® is the first and only source of choline.
- Balchem continues to fund important research studies and is on the leading edge of science.
A Brighter Future for Your Baby
Did you know? Most moms don’t get enough choline for their developing baby to receive this benefit.
Choosing a prenatal vitamin with VitaCholine® can be a simple choice to ensure a bright future for your baby.
Our dedicated business partners offer consumers products made with our Choline solutions! See what’s available!