We have a delectable Devil’s Food Cake Recipe to share with you. This recipe includes our BakeShure® Encapsulates to boost quality and consistency through pH optimization, flavor delivery, leavening control, moisture control, and antimicrobial preservation.
By using the BakeShure Sodium-Free powder, the overall sodium content of finished products can be reduced up to 70%. This is especially important due to the increase in health-conscious customers. The ingredients and instructions for this sweet treat are below!
|Ingredients||Regular||BS Complete||BS Sodium-Free|
|Eggs, room temp.||65.0||65.0||65.0|
|Cocoa powder, sifted||40.0||40.0||40.0|
- Sift together the sugar, flour, and baking powder using a 20 mesh sieve three times.
- Add blended eggs, a third at a time, mixing for 30 seconds on speed 2 with the paddle attachment and scraping between additions. Mix for an additional minute on speed 2 after last addition.
- Slowly add the warm butter while mixing on speed 2, scraping at the halfway point. Mix for one minute on speed 2 after all butter is added.
- Slowly add the water and vanilla while mixing on speed 2, scraping occasionally. Mix for an additional minute.
- Add the sifted cocoa powder and mix on speed 1 for two minutes.
- Pour the batter into 1pt loaf pans, 250g per pan, and bake in a 325°F conventional oven for 37 minutes.
Balchem creates a wide variety of bakery applications. These can be applied in many different applications to create shelf life extension, pH control and improve flavor impact.
Balchem’s highly skilled Applications Team has a broad knowledge of the Baking Industry and is available to support, from providing starting formulations for a new Apple Muffin to designing a stability test on a Devil’s Food Cake dry mix. We hope you enjoy our Devil’s food cake recipe.
To learn more about our powders and encapsulates for bakery applications, contact us.